This document sets forth sample terms and conditions that a software company can use
for any software they offer users free of charge. The document grants the user a free,
non-exclusive license to use the software and only grants permission for use on a single
computer. The user verifies that they agree to the terms and conditions by downloading
and using the free software. This document should be used by small businesses that
operate as a software company and offer free software to users.
FREEWARE LICENSE TERMS
Our Web Site (â€œSite/Sitesâ€) contains downloadable files, folders, and other software
(â€œFreewareâ€) which does not require the payment for a license for use. The copyright owner and
license holder of the Freeware that you download through this site is indicated [Instruction:
Describe where copyright and license information can be found]. This Freeware License
(â€œLicenseâ€) is a binding contract between the individual downloader of the software
(â€œYou/Yourâ€) and the owner of the Software (â€œLicensorâ€).
This Site(s) and its Freeware are protected by copyright and other intellectual property laws and
may not be copied or imitated in whole or in part. All trademarks, service marks, trade dress and
other intellectual property rights associated with the Site(s) and the Freeware are the sole
property of Licensor or its affiliates or partners. The Freeware may also be protected as a
collective work or compilation under U.S. copyright and other laws and treaties. You agree to
abide by all applicable copyright and other laws, as well as any additional copyright notices or
restrictions contained on the Site(s). Licensor does not convey, through allowing access to the
Site, any ownership rights in the Site or in any Freeware.
Please read the Terms and Conditions carefully before using this website or downloading any
Regardless of the lack of a fee for the License, there are conditions for Freeware use. As a
prerequisite for grant of the License, You agree to the following Terms and Conditions. You are
deemed to have read, understand, and have accepted all such Terms and Conditions upon
executing a download of any Freeware program.
Failure to abide by any of the Terms and Conditions set forth herein will result in an immediate
revocation of your License to use such Freeware, without any notice or other action by Licensor.
We may modify these Terms and Conditions at any time without notice to You by posting
revised Terms and Conditions on our sites. Continued use of our Site(s) constitutes Your
acceptance of any modifications hereto.
Â© Copyright 2013 Docstoc Inc. 2
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
1. You are granted a non-exclusive License to use Freeware, subject to complete
compliance with all Terms and Conditions of this License.
2. You may use the software only on a single computer, owned or controlled by You. You
may make one backup copy of the software for use to replace the primary copy in the
event of hard-drive failure or other unavailability of the primary copy. The backup copy
shall retain all copyright notices.
3. You are only granted a License for the machine-readable, object code portion of the
4. You may not use the software for multiple users or on a local area network without
written consent from the Licensor.
5. You may not distribute, copy, publish, assign, sell, bargain, convey, transfer, pledge,
lease or grant any further rights to use the software.
6. You will not have any proprietary rights in and to the software. You acknowledge and
agree that the Licensor retains all copyrights and other proprietary rights in and to the
7. You may not copy, modify, translate, transmit, distribute, adapt, reproduce, decompile,
reverse engineer or disassemble any part of Site or the Freeware. You agree not to use
any automated means, including, without limitation, agents, robots, scripts, or spiders, to
access, monitor, or copy any part of our Sites, except those automated means that we
have approved in advance and in writing.
8. Your License to use the software is revocable by the Licensor upon written or published
notice. This License shall automatically terminate upon any violation of the Terms and
Conditions hereof or upon use of the software beyond the scope of the License provided
9. Use within the scope of this License is free of charge and no royalty or licensing fees
shall be payable. Use beyond the scope of this License shall constitute copyright
10. This License shall be effective and bind You upon downloading of the software.
11. You accept the software on an â€œAS ISâ€ and with all faults basis. No representations and
warranties are made to you regarding any aspect of the software.
12. LICENSOR HEREBY DISCLAIMS ANY AND ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR
IMPLIED, RELATIVE TO THE SOFTWARE, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO
ANY WARRANTY OF FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR
Â© Copyright 2013 Docstoc Inc. 3
MERCHANTABILITY. LICENSOR SHALL NOT BE LIABLE OR RESPONSIBLE FOR
ANY DAMAGES, INJURIES OR LIABILITIES CAUSED DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY
FROM THE USE OF THE SOFTWARE, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO
INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR SPECIAL DAMAGES.
13. You agree to defend, indemnify and hold harmless Licensor, its affiliates, licensors,
partners and suppliers, and their respective officers, directors, employees, agents and
representatives from any and all claims, including, but not limited to, claims for
defamation, violation of rights of publicity a