This agreement sets forth the contract to be entered into between a consultant and a
client for the provision of beauty, fashion, and image consulting services. This
document contains the material terms and conditions of the agreement including the
specific services to be provided, the payment details and the term of the agreement.
The draft form contains numerous standard provisions as well as optional language to
ensure that the specific understandings between parties are addressed. This document
should be used by a beauty, fashion, and image consultant and a client when entering
into an agreement for services.
BEAUTY, CLOTHING/FASHION AND IMAGE CONSULTING
THIS CONSULTING AGREEMENT ("Agreement") is made and entered into as of
the ___ day of _____, 20__, [Instruction: Insert date.] by and among _____
[Instruction: Insert client name.], ("Client"), and _____ [Instruction: Insert
consultant’s name.] ("Consultant").
WHEREAS, the Client desires to retain Consultant to provide services related to and in
support of efforts in which Consultant has expertise, namely in the area of beauty,
clothing/fashion and image; and
WHEREAS, Consultant is in the business of providing such consulting services and
has agreed to provide the services in accordance with the terms and conditions set forth in
NOW, THEREFORE, in consideration of this Agreement and other good and valuable
consideration, the receipt and sufficiency of which is hereby acknowledged, the parties
agree as follows:
1. Consultant shall furnish the Client with his best advice, information, judgment
and knowledge with respect to the services related to and in support of efforts in
which Consultant has expertise which is to be provided in accordance with this
Agreement. Specifically, Consultant shall _____. [Comment: Insert specific
duties Consultant shall have under Agreement.]
2. Client shall retain Consultant as set forth in this Agreement with respect to _____
[Instruction: Insert what Consultant will do for Client.].
3. The term of this Agreement shall begin on _____ [Instruction: Insert
commencement date.] and shall, subject to the provisions for termination set
forth herein, continue until and terminate on _____ [Instruction: Insert
4. For all services that Consultant renders to the Client or any of its subsidiaries or
affiliates during the term hereof, the Client will pay Consultant $_____.
[Instruction: Insert applicable payment agreement. The duties will be
scheduled on an as-needed basis. For the first consultation, the first hour is
payable in advance and is non-refundable. Advance payment is required in order
to secure the booking. The remaining balance for is payable on the day the
service is provided. Payment is accepted by cash or Client’s good check, subject
to collection. [Comment: Consultant may wish to include language regarding
rescheduled/cancelled bookings and if same will be charged to Client.]
5. Client shall be solely responsible for the cost and expense of any and all products
and/or services which Client chooses to purchase upon Consultant’s advice.
6. [Optional: If expenses are to be paid, same should be carefully set forth in
this paragraph.] Client also agrees to pay Consultant’s fees for all third party
charges incurred on Client’s behalf including but not limited to stylists, colorists,
© Copyright 2012 Docstoc Inc. 2
make-up artist fees.
7. The parties hereto agree this Agreement is for consulting services to be provided
at Client’s place of residence, located at _____. [Instruction: Insert address, or
otherwise revise to set forth applicable information.]
8. Consultant's total liability under this Agreement for damages, costs and expenses,
regardless of cause, shall not exceed the total amount of fees paid to Consultant
by Client under this Agreement. The Consultant assumes no liability due to the
quality of items or services purchased by or for the Client.
9. In the event of a breach hereunder and a failure to cure such breach within thirty
(30) days of written notice of such breach, this Agreement may be terminated by
either party upon written notice.
10. The provisions of this Agreement are severable, and if any one or more provisions
may be determined to be illegal or otherwise unenforceable, in whole or in part,
the remaining provisions, and any partially enforceable provision to the extent
enforceable in any jurisdiction, shall nevertheless be binding and enforceable.
11. The rights and obligations of the Client under this Agreement shall inure to the
benefit of and shall be binding upon the successors and assigns of the Client. The
rights, obligations and duties of Consultant hereunder may not be assigned or
delegated without the Client's prior written consent except that Consultant may
assign its interest to a company formed by Consultant for the purpose of
providing such services.
12. The Consultant is an independent contractor. Both parties acknowledge and agree
that Consultant's engagement hereunder is not exclusive and that either party may
provide to, or retain from others similar services to those provided hereunder by
Consultant, provided that it does so in a manner that does not otherwise breach
this Agreement. Neither party is, nor shall claim to be, a legal agent,
representative, partner or employee of the other, and neither shall have the right or
authority to contract in the name of the other nor shall it assume or create any
obligations, debts, accounts or liabilities for the other.
13. The Consultant represents and war