Chapter 11 Plan of Reorganization
UNITED STATES BANKRUPTCY COURT
_______________ DISTRICT OF _______________ [Instructions: insert name of court]
In re _______________ ) Case No. _______________ [Instructions:
[Instructions: insert name of ) insert case number]
debtor] ) Chapter _______________ [Instructions:
Debtor insert applicable Chapter of bankruptcy
DEBTOR'S PLAN OF REORGANIZATION
_______________ [Instructions: insert debtorâ€™s name], debtor and debtor in possession,
proposes the following plan of reorganization pursuant to chapter 11 of the Bankruptcy Code:
ARTICLE 1 DEFINITIONS For the purposes of this Plan, the following terms shall have the
meanings specified below. Any term used in the Plan that is not defined herein, but that is
defined in the Code or the Bankruptcy Rules shall have the meaning assigned to that term in the
Bankruptcy Code or the Bankruptcy Rules.
1. "Administrative Claim" means any Claim, including but not limited to claims for
compensation of professionals made pursuant to section 330 of the Code, entitled to be
treated as a Priority Claim under section 507(a)(2) of the Code.
2. "Allowed Administrative Claim" means an Administrative Claim that is an Allowed Claim.
3. "Allowed Claim" means any Claim in the amount and classification set forth in a proof of
claim filed with the Court within the time fixed by the Court, or in the absence of such filing,
as set forth in the Debtor's Schedules of Liabilities filed in the Case, unless the Claim was
listed in the schedules as disputed, contingent or unliquidated, in any event as to which no
objection to the allowance thereof has been interposed within the applicable period fixed in
the Plan or the Confirmation Order, or as to which any such objection has been determined
by an order of the Court providing for allowance. Multiple proofs of claim of the same Class
filed by a Creditor shall be aggregated and shall constitute a single Claim. The allowance of
Administrative Claims shall be governed by the applicable provisions of the Code.
4. "Allowed Interest" means the Interest held by a shareholder of record of the Debtor as to
which no objection to the allowance thereof has been interposed within the applicable period
of limitations fixed in the Plan or the Confirmation Order, or as to which any such objection
has been determined by an order or judgment.
5. "Allowed Secured Claim" means an Allowed Claim secured by a Lien, security interest or
other charge against property in which the Estate has an interest, or which is subject to setoff
under section 553 of the Code, to the extent of the value (determined in accordance with
section 506(a) of the Code) of the interest of such Allowed Secured Claim in the Estate's
interest in such property or to the extent of the amount subject to setoff, as the case may be.
6. "Allowed Tax Claim" means a Tax Claim that is an Allowed Claim.
7. "Allowed Unsecured Claim" means an Unsecured Claim that is an Allowed Claim.
8. "Allowed Wage Claim" means a Wage Claim that is an Allowed Claim.
9. "Bankruptcy Rules" means the Federal Rules of Bankruptcy Procedure and any amendments
10. "Bar Date" means the last day for filing proofs of claim against the Debtor as fixed by order
of the Court.
11. "Case" means the chapter 11 bankruptcy reorganization case of the Debtor, designated as
_______________ [Instructions: insert number of case], pending before the Court.
12. "Claim" means any right to payment, whether or not such right is reduced to judgment,
liquidated, unliquidated, fixed, contingent, matured, unmatured, disputed, undisputed, legal,
equitable, secured or unsecured, as defined in section 101(5) of the Code.
13. "Claimant" means the holder of a Claim against the Debtor or the Estate.
14. "Class" means a grouping of substantially similar Claims or Interests as designated in Article
V of the Plan.
15. "Code" means the Bankruptcy Code, 11 U.S.C. Â§ 101 et seq., and any amendments thereof.
Â© Copyright 2011 Docstoc Inc. 2
16. "Committee" means the official committee of creditors holding unsecured claims appointed
in the Case.
17. "Confirmation" means the entry of an order by the Court confirming the Plan at or after
hearing pursuant to section 1129 of the Code.
18. "Confirmation Date" means the date of entry of an order of the Court confirming the Plan.
19. "Consummation" means completion of all Distributions to be made under the Plan.
20. "Court" means the United States Bankruptcy Court for the _______________
[Instructions: insert District name] before which the Case is pending or, in the event such
court ceases to exercise jurisdiction over the Case, such court or adjunct or unit thereof that
exercises jurisdiction over the Case in lieu of the United States Bankruptcy Court for the
_______________ [Instructions: insert District name].
21. "Convenience Claims" means all Allowed Claims which are maximum amount reducible by
election or less or which are more than minimum amount reducible by election and which are
timely reduced by election to amount to which reduced by the holders thereof in accordance
with the terms of the Plan, excluding Priority Claims.
22. "Creditors" means all entities with Claims against the Debtor or the Estate.
23. "Debt" means liability on a Claim.
24. "Debtor" means _______________ [Instructions: insert name of debtor]
25. "Disbursing Agent" means the Reorganized Debtor.
26. "Disclosure Statement" means the Debtor's Disclosure Statement as approved by order of the
Court entered on _______________ [Instructions: insert date].
27. "Disputed Claims" means Claims against the Debtor or the Estate as to which an objection
has been filed no later than _______________ [Instructions: insert fixed time for filing
objections] after the Effective Date (or such later date as may be fixed by the Court) by the
Debtor or the Reorganized Debtor and which objection has not been withdrawn or resolved
Â© Copyright 2011 Docstoc Inc. 3
by the entry of a Final Order.
28. "Distribution(s)" means the property (including payments) required by the Plan to be
provided to the holders of Allowed Claims.
29. "Effective Date" means the date _______________ [Instructions: insert fixed time after
confirmation of effective date] following the Confirmation Date.
30. "Estate" means the bankruptcy estate created upon commencement of the Case pursuant to
section 541(a) of the Code.
31. "Final Order" means an order of the Court that has been entered and either:
A. The time for appeal from such entered order has expired with no appeal having been
filed timely; or
B. Any appeal that had been filed timely has been dismissed or otherwise finally
32. "Impaired" shall have the meaning provided in section 1124 of the Code.
33. "Interests" means the equity security interests in the Debtor
34. "Lien" has the meaning provided by section 101(37) of the Code.
35. "Order of Confirmation" means the order of the Court confirming the Plan pursuant to
section 1129 of the Code.
36. "_______________â€ [Instructions: insert name of Debtor] means the Debtor.
37. "Petition Date" means the date on which the Debtor filed its chapter 11 petition with the
Clerk of the Court, _______________ [Instructions: insert date that petition was filed].
38. "Plan" means this Debtor's Plan of Reorganization in its present form or as it may be
amended, modified or supplemented.
Â© Copyright 2011 Docstoc Inc. 4
39. "Priority Claim" means any claim entitled to priority treatment pursuant to section 507 of the
Code, except for Administrative Claims and Tax Claims.
40. "Property of the Estate" has the meaning provided by section 541 of the Code.
41. "Pro Rata" means proportionately so that the ratio of the amount of the Distribution made on
account of a particular Allowed Claim to the Distributions made on account of all Allowed
Claims of the Class in which the particular Allowed Claim is included is the same as the ratio
of the amount of such particular Allowed Claim to the total amount of Allowed Claims of the
Class of which such particular Allowed Claim is included.
42. "Reorganized Debtor" means the Debtor following the Confirmation Date.
43. "Tax Claim" means a Claim entitled to priority treatment pursuant to section 507(a)(8) of the
44. "Unclaimed Property" means any Distributions which are unclaimed _______________
[Instructions: insert number] days following the date of distribution. Unclaimed Property
shall include (a) checks (and the funds represented thereby) which have been returned as
undeliverable without a proper forwarding address, (b) funds for checks which have not been
paid, (c) checks (and the funds represented thereby) which were not mailed or delivered
because of the absence of a proper address with which to mail or deliver such property, and
(d) interest on cash constituting Unclaimed Property.
45. "Unsecured Claim" means a Claim that is not secured by any Lien on Property of the Debtor
or Property of the Estate.
46. "Wage Claim" means a Claim entitled to priority treatment pursuant to section 507(a)(4)
and/or (5) of the Code.
ARTICLE 2 CONSTRUCTION
1. Where not inconsistent or in conflict with the provisions of the Plan, the words and phrases
used in the Plan shall have the meanings provided in the Code or the Bankruptcy Rules.
2. Section captions used in the Plan are for convenience only, and shall not affect the
construction of the Plan.
Â© Copyright 2011 Docstoc Inc. 5
3. The first letters of terms defined in the Plan are capi